Energy Efficient Homes
At O’Gorman Homes finding ways to save on building costs without compromising on the building quality is particularly important to us. An energy efficient home is one that is significantly cheaper to run than a standard house. It will have superior comfort levels and incorporate a renewable energy technology. It will be typically at least 20-30% more efficient than a house that meets the current building regulations.
Benefits of Energy Efficient Homes
- A lifetime of saving on your energy bills
- Benefits the environment and the economy
- Constant supply of warm filtered fresh air
- Increased re-sale value for your new home
What is BER Certificate?
A Building Energy Rating (BER) Certificate is an indication of the energy performance of a home. A BER certificate is accompanied by an Advisory Report which identifies how you might improve the energy performance of your home. BER is the calculated energy use for space and hot water heating, ventilation and lighting based on standard occupancy. A BER is similar to the energy label for a household electrical appliance like your fridge. The label has a scale of A-G. A-rated homes are the most energy efficient and will tend to have the lowest energy bills. A BER is compulsory for all homes offered for sale or rent. A BER is also required before a new home is occupied for the first time.
The Energy Efficient House Will Have:
- 25% better building fabric insulation
- 50-70% better air tightness
- Better BER rating
- Whole house heat recovery ventilation system
- Increased window quality
- Wind tight roof construction
- Minimal cold bridging at doors and windows